Community Power Northumberland Co-operative (CPN) is a grassroots organization working to harness the power of the Northumberland community, literally and figuratively.
We want to encourage community commitment to renewable energy, and we want to tap into our members’ passion for a cleaner, greener future. CPN offers grants that meet our Mission and Vision Statements and overall Goals:
The Grant Process
- Community groups, businesses and individuals who reside in Northumberland County are eligible to apply.
- The project or initiative must be consistent with CPN’s Mission and Vision Statements and Overall Goals.
- Funding candidates can be defined as events/projects/programs that support, promote, inform, educate, celebrate sustainability initiatives.
- Funds can only be used for expenses itemized in the application.
- Funds cannot be used - to cover deficits of the successful applicants, to fund a successful applicant’s debts, or to pay salaries of staff.
Completed Applications must be submitted before April 1, 2022
Grant requests submitted by groups or a business can be for a one, two or three year timeline:
- Annual grants range from $500 to $5000
- Multi-year grants range from $500-$3,000 per year
Grant requests submitted by individuals are for one year:
- Annual grants range from $500 to $1000
A Committee of CPN members will review all applications and if necessary, contact applicants for additional information. The Committee will submit their list of approved projects to CPN’s Board of Directors. The Board of Directors will review the report and allocate funding to successful applicants.
Oversight and Project Follow-Up
All Grant recipients will be required to sign an Engagement Letter stating the amount of the grant, the term and the conditions for disbursement of the funds.